Ask me and I’ll tell you that in my 28+ years in real estate, a well kept, well-appointed home will attract more buyers, sell quicker & at a higher price. When a buyer looks around your home and sees that it’s well maintained, they develop a sense of confidence that the things they don’t see are probably well taken of, too. When you take the time to ready your home for sale in the coming Spring market, remember these key points:
• There is a big difference between cleaning up, touching up and remodeling up. You won’t necessarily see money come back to you on room remodels, but kitchen & bathroom updating still reap significant gains. However, a fresh coat of paint, new window treatments and changing out cabinet pulls make a world of difference, too.
General maintenance of your exterior and sprucing up your curb appeal goes a long way. Regular lawn care, gutter cleanings, repairs of window or siding/paint damage and seasonal plantings, either permanent or in planters extend a welcoming feeling as the buyers approach what could be their new home.
• Enticing interiors don’t require a professional decorator. Removing clutter, knickknacks and paring down accessories give a room a more spacious feel. Spring is a great time to hold a yard sale and you’ll have less to pack when you move.
• Consider hiring a professional cleaning service for regular, once a month deep cleaning, particularly after rainy, muddy days/weeks.
• Neutral wall colors still reign. But, neutral doesn’t have to be white or cream. Soft taupe is the new beige.
Simple caulking of baseboards, trim work, filling nail holes and repairing any floor/wall chips and cracks really finish off the overall look.
• Add color with accent pieces. Use new guest towels in the bathrooms, tinted sheers in the family room or candles in the kitchen.
Call me today to visit your home and together we’ll come up with the best plan of action to help you ready your home to list it in the Spring and get it Sold!